Hey my Lovelies, It’s Monday, which means I’m back with another Mental Health Awareness post. In my previous mental health article, I made the point of how The Media plays a role in highlighting the topic of mental health and different kinds and degrees of mental illness. We’ve come a long way as a society to finally […]
Hey my Lovelies, I’m back with my second post for 2020! ‘Hi’ 👋 ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾ Since the beginning of the year, I’ve been drawn to the idea of keeping a gratitude jar. It’s not something I’ve done before but it doesn’t take much effort so why not. I saw fellow blogger – Channie start her own […]
First of all, I need to apologise for the lack of blog posts in the last 4 months and also for the multitude of accidental post releases. To say I need to get a grip is an understatement haha, but it’s 2020 and all I can try to do is do/be the best that I can.
At the end of 2019, I purchased a portable Breville blender. It has been on my mind to start making smoothies, in fact, I did purchase a blender earlier on in the year but unfortunately, I bought it from an American vendor and I never received it in the post (I did contact them and got my money back).
Now that I have this new blender I’m excited about my smoothie regime recommencing!
Summer Fruits Smoothie
For my first smoothie of 2020, I went straight in with some summer fruits and boy was it worth the wait.
Hey my Lovelies, Last week, I had the amazing opportunity to go to Venice, Italy with some close friends of mine! Prior to getting on a plane last week Thursday, I hadn’t been on a plane in about 19 years… (Yep you read that right) the last time I boarded a plane was when I […]
Hey my Lovelies, At the end of June, I announced that I’d be doing a ‘1-year giveaway’ for my loyal subscribers & followers within the Chronic Illness & Mental Health Community. Just a few self-care items from ME to YOU to say… “Thank you 🙏🏾” I planned to give away TWO separate bundle prizes, which […]
Hey my Lovelies, Welcome to the fourth episode and series of, What You Cooking Good Looking – Cooking with CRPS This series will be where I document my own original recipes once or twice a month, using alternative ingredients to replace foods that I’m intolerant to or that is a fun and creative way […]
Hey my Lovelies, I haven’t posted anything since my GIVEAWAY blog mainly because I wanted to give people a chance to see it and enter as soon as possible to get a chance at winning! If you haven’t seen my previous blog be sure to check it out after this one. I haven’t been feeling […]
So I’m officially 30! Just kidding Lol, but I saw somewhere that once you turn 25 you’re basically 30 so please excuse me whilst I have a little cry at this devastating reality of, “I’m old”
Since I turn 25 in like 2 seconds, I’ve decided to do this post to reflect on the things I’ve learnt throughout my life, the important lessons, the ‘mmm interesting’ moments and the ‘a-ha’ lightbulb moments.
Thinking off the top of my head 25 things I’ve learnt throughout my life seemed a little mind-boggling to write down, so I broke it down, thought of the different areas of life and in each section came up with 5 things I’ve learnt, which altogether adds up to 25
So the different areas of life are:
1) It’s never too late to start saving money, every penny counts
2) Always have a bit of loose change when leaving out
3) Open a few bank accounts
4) My self-worth isn’t measured by what type of job I can hold down or how many 0’s are in my account
5) I can break the generational cycle of poor financial decisions & seek assistance to learn the value of money
6) Ask questions & Never stop learning/gaining knowledge (especially with topics that were purposefully kept out of the curriculum to keep the truth in the dark)
7) The best things I’ve learnt have been through actual life experiences & practical situations NOT through written work & examination
8) I learn more when I’m by myself, seeking to grow and expand knowledge at my own pace
9) I don’t have to get it now when everyone else does
10) Small wins are even more so important than big wins, so it’s necessary to celebrate growth & personal development
11) My Disability ISN’T my fault or a personal failure of any kind + anyone who tries to suggest so shouldn’t be allowed in my aura
12) I can still try to practice good health habits despite my body failing me regardless
13) What works for someone else may not work for me & my health. Be cautious of fads. I don’t need to accept advice from people about my physical & mental health, especially when they have no clue how it is to be in my shoes & especially if it’s unsolicited advice
14) I may be on medication for the rest of my life so having multiple reminder alarms is necessary for function & no one’s judgement matters
15) I am my biggest advocate & shall continue to pass the mic to others in the community
16) Not everyone understands me, even people I’ve known most of my life & that’s OK
17) I’m allowed to set boundaries with people, even my own family
18) I can forgive people & still love them from a far to protect my peace
19) My relationship with myself & accepting ME is much more important than having a significant other
20) I was born to stand out so I don’t need to fit in
21) My spiritual journey is the most important journey I’ll be on throughout life
22) No one’s got me like my God’s got me
23) Just because someone fails to see my value doesn’t mean I’m worthless
24) I value meaningful conversations over shallow talks
25) A natural connection isn’t a coincidence. Thrive
Hey my Lovelies, It’s Monday, which means I’m back with another Mental Health Awareness post. In my very first mental health article, I made the point that Mental illness isn’t exclusive to one kind. Everyone has mental health, therefore, everyone’s mental health is at potential risk of worsening, which can then cause the development of […]
Hey my Lovelies, Fibromyalgia is a very debilitating chronic illness that not only affects your health and well-being but it also slowly makes you leave behind things that you once really loved to do. Here are 5 things that Fibromyalgia made me Leave behind!